Chicago – Police said twelve people were arrested on Friday night after a large gathering of adolescents in the center of Chicago to two violent accidents.
The city is estimated at 300 teenagers.
The arrests made after “Teen Takeover”
What we know:
Chicago police confirmed on Saturday that two adults and 10 events were held. They did not make details of their fees.
The arrests followed two violent incidents reported in the downtown area on Friday night.
Teenage snapshot, another stabbing:
Police said that a 18 -year -old man was stabbed inside a store in the episode at 8:45 pm at 100 blocks of North State Street after a fight with a group.
The authorities said that during the confrontation, someone pulled a knife and stabbed the victim at the back before fleeing the scene.
The victim was transferred to North Western Memorial Hospital in a fair condition.
About an hour later, a 15 -year -old boy was injured at Streeterville, who suffers from a leg grazing wound, according to the police.
This happened after 9:40 pm in 400 blocks of North Cityfront Plaza Drive. The officers saw a large group running out of the area and found the teenager on the ground.
He was transferred to the Leoring Hospital for Children in good condition.
What they say:
The mayor of Chicago Brandon Johnson issued a statement on the teenage gathering, subscribed below:
“No one wants to see the reckless and dangerous behavior that was shown last night, and we will not tolerate that in our city. We are currently achieving the police department in the accident, and all those who caused chaos will be held accountable.
“We are still facing a serious problem with guns in our city. These weapons do not come from Chicago. Only last year, we removed 12,000 rifles from the streets of Chicago, but we must do more to stop the endless weapons flow to our city.
“As far as it comes to the prohibition of live assembly, I do not support the proposal because it will replace these young people to the nearest neighborhood. It is not regular to transform the problem to the next society. What we have to do is to implement the current curfew law at the city level that we already realize before we look at additional measures.
“We need to ensure that there are additional safe spaces for our youth this spring and summer. We are calling for the section of our city, our civil society, our business community, our charitable society, and our society faith to continue working with us to create more places and opportunities for our youth this year.”
Ald. Brian Hopkins, Ward 2, said that teenagers in Chicago are allowed to gather in any society they want, but “they cannot break the windows, steal from stores, jump on cars, traffic, intimidate pedestrians or shoot crowds.”
Bash's teenager was held on Saturday in Navy Pier with 1,500 young men in the presence of video games, ice skating and a huge work fair.
Hopkins added that this event is “successful, giving them alternatives, support and education.”
What next:
The police continue to investigate both incidents and believe that the rains were on Saturday night, helped prevent the large crowds from returning.
Ald. Hopkins presses to change the curfew, and suggests its transfer from 10 pm to 8 pm, however, mayor Johnson does not agree, saying that he “replaces young people, and turns the problem to the next society.”
We will bring more updates for this story when available.
Crime and saftystreetervillleloopNews